Renew & Reset in a Lifestyle Makeover
Welcome to the Upper Rio Grande where your professional and personal lives can coexist peacefully and be maximized to their fullest potential
…If You Work from Home, This Could Be Your Home…
Live Here and Enjoy Everything Colorado
And Compete in a Global Economy
Remote work gives you flexibility of lifestyle – the freedom to live where you have always wanted to. Move to the Upper Rio Grande to reset in a complete lifestyle makeover.
For work-at-home, the Upper Rio Grande provides symmetrical fiber connection speeds up to 1Gbps.
Do International Business
Attend Meetings & Conference Calls
Point-to-Point Connections to Home Office
The Valley’s largest fiber optic broadband Internet service provider, delivers a virtual private network and very low latency. The company has four points of redundancy and is working on adding two more. Ciello’s service is invaluable to people who do international business and need 24-hour service each day. Even residents living or building a new home in the Valley’s canyons or off-grid locations can get point-to-point wireless connection.
noun – the state of being happy, healthy, and comfortable.
You can have all three in the Upper Rio Grande.
All forms of recreation out your back door; multiple healthcare facilities; walkable friendly neighborhoods
Enjoy local festivals, restaurants and breweries; know your neighbors; where volunteers can make a difference
Social interaction or privacy and tranquility; no long commutes or traffic congestion; a safe place to live, work & play
Get close to nature and the natural beauty; a wealth of spiritual and cultural diversity; dark starlit nights
Continue trainings and classes at university and junior college; participate in local government and influence community building
No big city distractions; breath clean air, spread out in open spaces, and play on the Rio Grande
Bring Your Talent & Find Your Home
Make connections and find the resources for your big move – we’re here to help. Awaken your potential and relocate here for a new way of living. Please feel free to contact us for ANYTHING you might need…..
SLV Regional Airport Shuttle – www.sanluisvalleyairport.org
The Eagle Line – www.slvrtc.com/eagle-line
Mystic San Luis Valley Transportation – www.colorado.com/co/mystic-san-luis-valley/transportation
Uber/Lyft – uphail.com/us/co/alamosa/
Little Stinkers Taxi Cabs 719-589-2500
SLV Transportation 719-589-5734
Real Estate & Housing
Del Norte, Monte Vista and South Fork are the three towns in Rio Grande County and offer affordable median home prices, and easy 2 to 19-minute (average commute) access to work, schools, trails and shopping.
Zillow – www.zillow.com/rio-grande-county-co
Relocate Colorado 81132, 81144, 81154 – www.recolorado.com
For further information on any of the properties, you can click the ‘Contact’ button and send a message directly to the listing agent for that property or contact us
Contractors & Engineers
Alcon Construction Inc. – www.alconconstruction.com
Van Gieson & Co. Inc. – www.vangiesonconstruction.com
Van Iwaarden Builders Inc. – www.vaniwaardenbuilders.com
Hathorn Construction – www.hathornconst.com
Davis Engineering Services, Inc. – www.daveng.com
RG & Associates, LLC – www.rgengineers.com
Reynolds Engineering Company
Element Engineering LLC – www.elementengineering.net
Rio Grande Hospital & Clinics – www.rio-grande-hospital.org
Edward M. Kennedy Health, Dental & PT Clinic – vwhs.org/valleywide-locations/edward-m-kennedy-dental-clinic/
San Luis Valley Health – www.sanluisvalleyhealth.org/locations/monte-vista-community-clinic
SLV Behavioral Health Group – www.slvbhg.org
River Valley Inn – www.innsofthesouthwest.org/index.html
Tri-County Senior Citizens Center – www.tricountyseniors.com/
Veterans Community Living Center at Homelake – www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdhs/veterans-community-living-center-homelake
Rio Grande Public Health – www.riograndecounty.org/public-health
LONE Incentive Program
The Location Neutral Employment Incentive (LONE) program is an established cash and tax credit incentive through the State of Colorado that opens the doors for individuals and businesses to receive state funding when they employ remote employees in rural parts of Colorado.
Cost of Living
Wanting lower cost of living and fewer stressors?
Affordable and beautiful with a low overall cost of living index, moderate to low property taxes and affordable housing (e.g., median home value at $172,000 compared to Colorado’s median of $431,000)
Colorado Average Cost of Living is 110. US National Average is 100.
Town of Del norte
Town of South Fork
Rio Grande County
From community airports to a FAA commercial airport with direct flights to Denver International Airport. Vehicular travel is a pleasant experience with our wide-open spaces and lack of traffic congestion.
Commuting, Pedestrian & Bike
- Regional Airport with daily flights to Denver International Airport
- Commuting is a breeze – Mean travel time to work is 19.3 minutes. Wide open spaces and low traffic on US highways and county roads make vehicular travel with high connectivity a pleasant experience.
- Walkable communities – Pedestrian friendly downtowns and neighborhoods
- Biking – Nearly 100 miles of walking and bike trails in towns and close-in bike trail systems
Airports & Railroads
• Rominger Airport in Del Norte – publicly owned with 37 hangars and ground transportation
• SLV Regional Airport – with multiple daily flights to Denver located 17 miles east of Monte Vista in Alamosa with United Airlines direct and round-trip flights to Denver International Airport and with Hertz rental car service
• Monte Vista Municipal Airport – publicly owned with crop dusting servies, serves general aviation aircraft up to medium twin-engine turbo prop aircraft
• Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad
• Silver Thread Scenic Byway
With vast amounts of sunlight per year, the San Luis Valley is a prime location for solar renewable energy.
Average commercial energy costs per kWh
Utilities & Broadband
- San Luis Valley Rural Electric Co-op, the second oldest electric cooperative in Colorado, provides power to the Wolf Creek Ski Area and co-op members in Rio Grande County and six other counties. More than 7,500 member owners work with the REC team for power in their homes, schools, farms and other small businesses, receiving access to renewable energy that is locally generated and cost-effective.
- Xcel Energy
- Working toward a renewable energy future – The Alamosa Solar Generating Plant is a 37 MWp (30.72 MV AC) concentrated photovoltaics power station and the Town of Del Norte joined green energy, putting all of their municipal buildings and water wells on solar power, thus creating a carbon neutral foot print the Town or Del Norte.
- Ciello, the Valley’s largest fiber optic broadband Internet service provider, delivers reliable connection at a cutting-edge speed. Their state-of-the-art network puts connection at the customer’s fingertips, with connection speed package up to 1Gbps. Their focus on innovation and progress brings new opportunities to our communities, uniting the Valley and connecting the Valley to the world.