Supporting Business Growth & Community Development
Upper Rio Grande Economic Development’s mission is to serve as a communication hub, increase job opportunities, the population and tax base, and help Rio Grande County businesses.
Our vision is to make Rio Grande County and the western side of the San Luis Valley the most attractive Rocky Mountain destination with a vibrant rural economy.
Our Team & Partners
The sum is greater than the parts. Our collaborative spirit sets us apart. We develop solutions through aligned efforts and regional partnerships. In the San Luis Valley, you will find a group of professionals and economic development practitioners who intentionally collaborate.
San Luis Valley Small Business Development Center
SAN LUIS VALLEY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES GROUP
Alamosa, CO 81101
Other team members
As a 501(c)6 non-profit, we provide free business services and operate with the support of investor members and our communities.
Through all media, we promote our region to attract businesses and grow the tourism industry
URGED helps with site selection and coordinates with local and county zoning and planning departments. We provide sources for engineering, contractor services, utilities, transportation, financial assistance, and strategic partners.
URGED provides custom data and demographics reports to businesses, realtors, and our municipal governments
We help businesses relocate, start and expand – identify financial incentives, grants, and workforce development and training programs in the creation of new jobs.
To encourage place making we assist with infrastructure improvements and recreation ventures.
Our Board of Directors
Each member of the URGED Board is a community leader, representing both the private and public sector. They oversee the URGED Executive Director and hold a monthly meeting and a regular monthly membership breakfast meeting.
Meet the Board
- Jennifer Alonzo, President; Marketing/Sales Coordinator, San Luis Valley Rural Electric Cooperative
- Traci Holmes, Vice President; Senior Vice President, Del Norte Bank
- Bernadette Martinez, Secretary/Treasurer; Town Administrator/Clerk, Town of Del Norte
- Gigi Dennis, Director; City Manager, City of Monte Vista
- Heather Hillian, Director; Monte Vista Chamber of Commerce
- Skip Schoen, Director; Rio Grande County Adminstrator, Rio Grande
- Shon Davis, Director; President of RG Bank
Our Investor Members
Meet the Investor Members of the URGED
Who Are Making a Commitment to Economic Development
- Rio Grande County
- San Luis Valley Rural Electric Co-op
- City of Monte Vista
- Colorado Housing & Finance Authority
- Town of Del Norte
- Del Norte Bank
- Del Norte Chamber of Commerce
- Farm Credit of Southern Colorado ACA
- First Southwest Bank
- Monte Vista Chamber of Commerce
- Monte Vista Co-op
- Rio Grande Hospital
- RG Bank
- San Luis Valley Federal Bank
- Wilbur-Ellis Company